Tuesday, March 29, 2005

WTF - IKEA Frenzy

Ok, I haven't posted in a week (I've had a rather shitty week), but there's no better way to start a week anew than with a fresh entry in WTF. In case U don't know, every Tuesday I dub WTF DAY and post a true story or event that just makes me go "what the f*ck?"

This week's entry comes via Chuck Shepard and the London Daily Telegraph: "...in the London suburb of Edmonton, 6,000 Ikea customers rioted, vying for on-sale sofas (80 percent off) and other bargains. Said one customer, "There were people diving on sofas" and "tugging at two different sides of the same sofa and shouting 'mine, mine.'" At least 20 people were taken by ambulance to hospitals. [Daily Telegraph (London), 2-11-05]

And here I thought only us Americans did stupid shit like this over a sale. Can u imagine having 2 explain 2 your boss why u have a broken collar bone: "Well, see, there was this really great sale on sofas at Ikea ..." I understand the mob mentality and everything, but over Ikea furniture? What the f*ck???

"It's mine! Mine all mine!" - Jane's Addiction

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home